Smart Air India is looking for a marketing and business enthusiast, committed to our mission to educate the public about air pollution, social entrepreneurship, and creating positive social change. Do you have marketing knowledge or experience growing meaningful social projects? Come join a fast-growing social enterprise of people lowering the cost of clean air and spreading the knowledge that the science behind air purifiers is simple enough that even kids can build their own.
About Smart Air
Smart Air is a social enterprise and certified B Corp that ships low-cost, empirically tested air purifiers to help people all over India afford to breathe clean.
Our goal is simple: we want everyone facing polluted air to know that there’s no need to spend tens of thousands of rupees to protect their health. We do that by providing low-cost purifiers backed by open data and by holding workshops where we teach people the simple science behind air purifiers.
Former Fullbright scholar Thomas Talhelm founded Smart Air in 2013 while coughing through an “airpocalypse” in Beijing. Since then, Smart Air has shipped over 40,000 purifiers and have held more than 200 workshops across China, India, Mongolia, and beyond. Smart Air India launched in 2015 and is hiring positions in operations and strategy. Learn more about our work and values at smartair.in. This article in Forbes and this video on the BBC explain Smart Air well!
Job Description & Tasks
• Generate new business leads for our B2B projects and identify the potential clean-air-breathers
• Bring an understanding of the marketplace and competitor offerings to drive the company’s growth strategy and investments
• Create high-impact strategies and business plans for Smart Air’s growth and development
• Assist in day-to-day running of Smart Air
• Develop strategies for more effective sales, both individually and as a part of a team
• Teach people about purifiers and host educational workshops
We are looking for smart, motivated people who can succeed in unstructured and highly rewarding situations. Prior skills in education, marketing, and start-ups are a plus, but not requirement. Our best team members find passion in the mission of helping people breathe clean air, rather than trying solely to create profits.
We’re looking for someone based in New Delhi or willing to relocate. Fluency in English is mandatory, and proficiency in Hindi would be awesome, but not required. It doesn’t matter what country you’re from. We’d need a commitment of at least a year, with preference given to those willing to work longer and help grow the business.
• Team-orientation, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both collaboratively and independently
• Entrepreneurial style, with an enthusiasm for working in a growing, non-hierarchical team
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, and flexible to meet team needs
• Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree (e.g., Master of Business Administration) is a bonus.
Smart Air is a small social enterprise. We keep our margins as low as possible so that we can help more people afford clean air. The world doesn’t need yet another company trying to pump people for insane profits for clean air. That means we can’t offer huge salaries, but compensation is competitive and based on experience.
How to Apply
Send an email with your CV and a cover letter explaining why you want to work with us to [email protected] If you are passionate about Smart Air’s mission of offering affordable clean air to help lead the way. Come join us!
That’s it! Looking forward to hearing from you and please feel free to pass this job description to friends who you think might be interested. Breathe safe!