Smart Air is looking to boost its impact this winter by bringing a marketing and business development enthusiast on board. Got marketing knowledge or experience growing meaning social projects? Come to join a fast-growing social enterprise of people spreading the knowledge that simple, no-nonsense air purifiers help people breathe clean air.
- Seek out and develop leads for our B2B air purification projects.
- Work with the India Head to come up with marketing and sales strategies for Smart Air’s growth throughout this season
- Get stuck in with the day to day running of a small, rapidly growing startup.
- Expand and develop Smart Air’s network of education partners across India, and run air pollution workshops to provide advice on air pollution to those in need.
- Identify other business opportunities within the prospective client organization, developing them into leads and closing them successfully
- Support and assist in logistics and sourcing of Smart Air’s simple yet effective pollution-fighting devices.
A self-starter, highly organized, and entrepreneurial individual with strong business development and marketing skills, analytical, project and time management skills and communication skills, a high degree of professionalism, and a flexible, collaborative spirit. The ideal candidate is highly motivated by the mission.
- Fluency in English is mandatory, and proficiency in Hindi would be awesome, but not required
- Marketing and communication (social media, media etc.) experience desirable
- Market analysis and lead-finding skills and experience highly desirable
- Startup or social enterprise experience, working in an international environment is desirable
- Exceptional people skills with the ability to build and grow user relationships
- Self-motivation and independence to get tasks completed efficiently
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree (e.g. Master of Business Administration) preferred
- 2+ years related work experience
Location: Based in New Delhi, you’ll be working out of our office in Lado Sarai, but working with our international team in China, Mongolia, US, and Philippines.
Time commitment: A minimum commitment of 18 months. This will give you the opportunity to help make a meaningful impact on the air pollution industry in India.
Reports to: Dhariyash Rathod, Head of Smart Air in India. Our management style is flat and we’re fast-paced. Join the team and you’ll soon become an integral part of Smart Air.
Smart Air is a small social enterprise. We keep our margins as low as possible so that we can help more people afford clean air. That means we can’t offer huge salaries, but compensation will be competitive and based on experience. The more you help Smart Air grow, the more you will be rewarded!
How to Apply
Send an email with your CV and a cover letter (applications will not be considered if they are not accompanied by cover letter) explaining what got you interested in air pollution and why you want to work at Smart Air to dhariyash[at]smartairfilters[dot]com. The deadline for application is 10th October 2018.
That’s it! Looking forward to hearing from you, and pass on this job description to friends whom you think might be interested. Breathe safe!