Smart Air is looking for an HVAC design engineer with 2+ years of experience with HVAC installation and/or industrial air purifier installation. The selected candidate will work to build Smart Air’s presence in the large-scale HVAC purification sector, installing low-cost air purifications systems for schools, hospitals, and offices.
- Manage Smart Air’s large-scale HVAC projects from start to finish
- Generate new leads for B2B air purification projects and communicate with these leads to understand project requirements, goals and design specifications.
- Researching, planning, designing and developing sustainable mechanical systems, including but not limited to HVAC, ducting, and air purification systems.
- Create and submit detailed bids/quotations that outline costs and timelines for construction or extraction projects in accordance with deadlines.
- Performing engineering evaluations, feasibility studies, conceptual and final design, cost estimates, and engineering calculations.
- Contribute to our B2C and daily operations whenever required.
- Work on new product development.
- Conduct various air purifier related tests and analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline with a minimum of 2 years of working experience in HVAC design.
- Proficient in using CAD software.
- Basic understanding of air purification systems.
- Good understanding of fluid mechanics.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Willing to work in a fast-paced startup environment and contribute towards Smart Air’s mission of clean air for all.
Perks & Working expectations
- Working Hours: Flexible! (standard working day is 8 hours).
- Holiday: Flexible! You are free to take holidays any time of the year.
- Working Environment: Fast growing international startup, working in an international team.
- Working Term: 1+ years. We’re looking for a long-term member to join the core team and share in Smart Air’s success as we grow.
- Working location: New Delhi.
How to Apply
Send an email with your CV and a cover letter explaining why you want to work with us to email@example.com. The deadline for application is 31st March 2018. If you are passionate in Smart Air’s mission of offering affordable clean air to help lead the way. Come join us!
That’s it! Looking forward to hearing from you and please feel free to pass this job description to friends who you think might be interested. Breathe safe!
The University of Chicago Center in Delhi contacted Smart Air during the summer of 2016 to design and install a purification system in their 17,000 square foot office located in central Delhi. Despite it’s great location, the U Chicago Center had a problem of high particulate matter inside the building. Like love, air pollution knows no boundaries and affects rich and poor alike. Adding to the problem, there is a multi-story parking garage behind this building that generates a lot of vehicle pollution.
The Building Situation
U Chicago wanted to purify their air using their central air system, rather than installing multiple standalone purifiers around the office. Standalone purifiers are often cheaper, but they take up space. Smart Air designed a system that could be hidden in the false ceiling of the building and integrated into the air conditioning system the building already had.
Smart Air’s engineering team designed a custom purifier system. The office already had an air conditioning system, but it was taking polluted air from the outside, cooling it, and distributing it throughout the building. That meant the first job was to purify the incoming air.
Smart Air built a custom air purification unit with HEPA filters and installed it at the inlet duct of the air conditioning system. This made sure that clean air was getting into the air conditioning system.
Another issue was that polluted outdoor air leaks into the office around doors and windows. To tackle this problem, Smart Air installed another large purifier in the ceiling to continuously clean the inside air. This entire setup is hidden and works silently behind the scenes.
Here is the entire story in pictures:
Does it Work?
Smart Air tested the air in the building before and after installing the purifier system. Smart Air has also published open-data comparison tests of these air quality monitors against the US government gold standard PM2.5 detectors, so we know they are accurate. In the morning before the purifiers were installed, indoor air was at 39 micrograms. The World Health Organization’s annual safety limit is 10 micrograms!
After all the work was done, the air inside got down to a pristine 3 micrograms:
When we visited again in 2017, we compared indoor and outdoor air. Even with lots of people coming and going from the office, indoor air had just 25% of the particulates of outdoor air.
We also provided U Chicago with an air quality monitor so they can track their air quality.
Smart Air believes that if most people saw the data behind purifiers, they wouldn’t pay hundreds of thousands of Rupees for clean air. Air purifier technology is simple—fans and HEPA filters. But big companies charge high fees because many people are scared and don’t understand how air purifiers work. Smart Air is a social enterprise that is dedicated to open data and transparent testing. Because of our social mission (and because we cut out the distributor and retail middlemen), Smart Air can design top-notch purifier systems at half the cost of purely for-profit companies.
Fill out this form to see what Smart Air can do for the air in your office, school, or business.[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]