Smart Air Mongolia is looking for workshop facilitators!
ABOUT SMART AIR MONGOLIA:
Smart Air Mongolia (SAM) is a small, young, energetic Ulaanbaatar-based social enterprise dedicated to helping people protect themselves from the harms of air pollution through education and the sale of low-cost air purifiers and HEPA filters. We focus on educating about and researching air pollution so that people have the language and information to make responsible decisions related to their health. SAM has been present and impacting the community in Mongolia since it began to do free educational workshops in Ulaanbaatar in 2015.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
SAM is looking for two young, enthusiastic, diligent, and reliable individuals who are passionate about air pollution and community activism to join our team as a paid part-time workshop facilitators from late summer until the winter during SAM’s “Let’s be Smart about Air Pollution” campaign.
The two most important qualities we are looking for: youth and passion. We want our facilitators to be young (young professionals or recent college graduates). And we want them to be excited at the prospect of being out around town, engaging with the community and making a difference through air pollution education and even air purifier donation facilitation.
With local branches open in Mongolia, China, India, and the Philippines, the two facilitators will have the opportunity to learn from and work with Smart Air’s international team as we all work to help people around the world to gain access to cleaner air.
- Duration: August 2019 – December 2019
- Salary: Paid on per-workshop basis
- Time commitment: Part-time, approximately 75-100 hours in total over the entire duration
- Location: Ulaanbaatar central business district and surrounding areas
- Receiving in-person training on air pollution topics from SAM
- Researching, identifying, and communicating with recipients/hosts of air pollution education workshops, handling the logistics/scheduling of the workshops, and delivering the workshops in person, with Mongolian youth (under age 30) the general target audience
- Contributing to development of various surveys and pamphlets
- Researching, identifying, and communicating with potential organizations to be recipients of purifier donations and delivery of associated training to recipient staff and users
- Supporting SAM event logistics/meetings as needed and acting professionally when doing so
- Ability to quickly learn, understand, and communicate clearly about air pollution-related concepts and information (to be achieved through in-person training provided by SAM)
- Strong bilingual (Mongolian and English) speaking and writing abilities
- Self-starter, attention to detail, eagerness to teach and engage with community members, and strong interpersonal skills (particularly public speaking)
- Familiarity with the Ulaanbaatar community and strong research abilities (particularly as they relate to the health sector and air purifier donation facilitation)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Access to internet and own computer
- At minimum, demonstrated interest in air pollution and social impact (experience with air pollution or community activism considered a plus)
- Car and/or means of transport to travel between areas of Ulaanbaatar to deliver workshops
- Ability to fulfil all facilitator role responsibilities within the allotted timeframe
- Age under 30. College graduates or young professionals with ~2 years of work experience preferred. In exceptional cases, current college students will be considered (they must have time and flexibility to perform all of the duties next fall).
- Increased expertise on air pollution, purifiers, and masks. In-person training will be provided.
- First-hand experience with a growing social enterprise (the local branch of a certified B-Corporation) and potential for professional development such as demonstrating English fluency
- Opportunity to expand professional network, both in UB and with Smart Air partners across Asia
- Impacting the community with regards to air pollution
- Generally flexible work schedule
HOW TO APPLY:
Send an email with your (1) resume, (2) a simple cover letter answering why you want to be a workshop facilitator, and (3) contact details for one professional reference to [email protected], with the subject like “Workshop facilitator application.” The deadline for application is 20 July 2019.