Air purifiers for the COVID-19 Virus?Air purifiers with HEPA filters like Smart Air's can filter the COVID-19 coronavirus. Learn how HEPA air purifiers filter viruses.
Mask Material Effectiveness Test
Do you have a face mask design or DIY face mask material you want testing? Or do you want to test the filtration effectiveness of an N95, KN95 or surgical mask you’ve already bought?
Smart Air can provide mask testing services to test the filtration efficiencies of N95, KN95 and surgical masks. We can also test commercial mask materials such as Filti mask material, as well as DIY mask materials in our Smart Air Lab.
Smart Air’s test method – as featured by the BBC – uses professional grade equipment to test mask filtration effectiveness of 0.3 micron particles – the most difficult particle size to capture. These tests have been used by Smart Air to test over 40 DIY mask materials, and over 30 N95 and KN95 masks.
Our Turnaround Time Guarantee
We understand that there is an urgent need for testing of masks and materials at this present time. That is why we’re providing a guarantee that we can provide you with a report on your masks within 5 working days of us receiving your samples in our laboratory. This is much, much shorter than the typical 3-6 week time frame typically required for testing masks.
How The Testing Service Works
- Contact us to confirm the number and type of items you wish to test. We’ll send you an invoice based on the total quantity.
- You’ll then need to send 2 x samples (measuring 10cm x 10cm or larger) of each material to our testing lab in Beijing, China.
- Once we’ve received the samples, we test each one 4 times to measure the material effectiveness at filtering 0.3 micron and 1.0 micron particles.
- Smart Air provides you with a written report on the test results.
WATCH: Smart Air Chief Engineer Paddy Explain the Test Method Used
Validated Face Mask Testing Report
Technical Details: Testing Equipment & Standard Details
Our list of testing equipment includes:
- MetOne GT521 Laser Particle Counter for testing the filtration efficiency of materials
- Wind tunnel with integrated pitot tube & Testo 510 Digital Manometers for testing breathability of materials
- PortaCount Fit Test machine for testing the fit factor (leakage) of masks
Air flow is between 85-110L/min, as per the NIOSH-42C FR84 test standard. We do not neutralize particles. We actually use ambient air pollution for our tests. We’ve found that our tests correlate closely with the official test results from 3rd party testing organizations.