Your car air systems already have filters in them, and apparently they do a pretty good job of filtering out particulate pollution. According to our tests, with the air system turned off, particle levels drop a bit, probably because of settling. But with the air system turned on, particulate levels drop much faster.
Thus, we don’t need special car purifiers to protect against particulate pollution. The air systems in cars dramatically reduce particulate pollution.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Keep the car windows closed.
2. Use the “recirculate air” mode for the highest particulate drop.
3. Turn the fan on high (at least at the beginning of the trip).
4. Check and replace your filters every few months.
5. Think twice about whether you really need a car purifier.
Click here to read the original article: https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/do-we-need-car-air-purifiers/
Free Guide to Breathing Safe
Want to learn more about protecting your health? Join thousands more and stay up to date on protecting your health.