There are 5 shocking fact you may still not know about air pollution:
1. According to the WHO, 98% of cities in low- and middle-income countries with more than 100,000 inhabitants have unsafe levels of air pollution.
2. On average, Indians living in polluted areas will lose 3.2 years of their lives due to air pollution.
3. Pregnant women who live in high traffic areas have a 22% higher risk of having children with impaired lung function than those living in less polluted areas.
4. According to the Global Burden of Disease report (2013), air pollution contributes to more than 5.5 million premature deaths every year. Another report by the International Energy Agency estimates the number to be 6.5 million deaths per year.
5. Research has linked air pollution to multiple diseases: high blood pressure, heart attacks, stroke, acute lower respiratory infections, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, lung cancer, low birth weight, asthma, and cataracts.
Click here to read the original article for 10 facts about air pollution: https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/10-facts-about-air-pollution/